- Your document is first checked to make sure it meets the following statutory requirements for recording:
a. Each document shall have a caption indicating the nature of the documents, such as “Warranty Deed, Deed of Trust, Mortgage, Release of Deed of Trust, Lease” etc.
b. Documents shall be original or a certified copy, contain original signatures and be sufficiently legible for reproduction.
c. Documents shall have a print size no smaller than 10pt., and shall be no larger than 81/2″ width and no longer than 14″inches.
d. The first page shall have a top margin of at least 2″ inches, reserved for recordation and return address. A 1/2″ inch margin on both sides and the bottom of all pages.
e. Please review ARS 11-480 for further information.
- If the document(s) meet the statutory form requirements, is complete and proper fees have been paid, we will accept your document and make it a matter of permanent public record.
- Our Microfilm department films the documents to meet national archival requirements. The document is also optically scanned for public viewing.
- Our data entry department will key the pertinent information to create an index so that you may locate this record in the future.
- Your original document is then returned to the address provided on the document.
- If the original document is ever lost or misplaced, a certified copy may be obtained from our office.