The Management Information Systems department provides computer and information services to all county departments. The department designs, operates and maintains a wide assortment of data communications and data processing equipment including IBM AS/400 mid-range computers and several network servers operating on a 1500+ node Wide Area Network (WAN).
The MIS staff designed and installed the county WAN to link offices located throughout the county. When fully deployed, it will provide the communication links necessary to serve the public in all county population centers. Our WAN uses a mix of frame relay, Digital Subscriber Line (xDSL) and wireless technologies to connect multiple Ethernet Local Area Networks (LANs) located in various county buildings.
The MIS Department provides a wide range of information services including:
- Financial systems support for county fiscal management;
- Tax collection and management support for the County Treasurer;
- Document recording systems support for the County Recorder;
- Software applications development for all county departments;
- Data processing equipment procurement services;
- “Help Desk” support to all county departments;
- Information security protection and auditing;
- Data communications links to state agencies, local governments and the Internet