Juvenile Probation is responsible for juveniles charged in Yavapai County with delinquent and incorrigible offenses. The department processed 2,020 juvenile cases in FY 2010-11.
Juvenile Probation Officers prepare pre-hearing reports and make specific recommendations as to the treatment/punishment of the juvenile. The officers also provide diversion and probation supervision services.
The department offers programs and accesses community resources designed to rehabilitate juveniles such as volunteers in probation, shelter care, family counseling, youth employment, community service, restitution, juvenile education programs, substance abuse programs, drug court, victim/offender mediation, community juvenile justice committees, and foster care.
Juvenile Probation also provides a secure detention facility for juveniles awaiting hearings. The detention center has 57 beds and housed 998 juveniles in FY 2010-11.
The revenue for this department are provided through monies from the County general fund, the State of Arizona and grants.
- Integrity – Always doing what is considered honorable and morally right.
- Stewardship – Responsibly guiding and protecting our youth, staff, and community.
- Perseverance – Testing our courage, even in defeat, without losing heart.
- Collaboration – Producing mutually rewarding results through teamwork.
- Professionalism – Promoting the pursuit of excellence.
- Dignity – Respecting the inherent value and worth of all.