Juvenile Probation is responsible for juveniles charged in Yavapai County with delinquent and incorrigible offenses. The department processed 1565 juvenile cases in FY 2016-17.
The department offers programs and accesses community resources designed to rehabilitate juveniles such as, individual and family counseling, youth employment opportunities, community restitution, life enrichment programs, restitution, education programs, substance abuse programs, victim/offender mediation, parenting classes and community juvenile justice committees.
The Juvenile Justice Center provides a secure detention facility for juveniles awaiting hearings or who have been sentenced to short periods of incarceration. Juvenile detention houses an average of 651 juveniles per year.
The revenue for this department is provided through monies from the County general fund, the State of Arizona, fees, and grants.
Yavapai County Juvenile Court embraces the Kids at Hope model and believes, “All children are capable of success, NO EXCEPTIONS!”
- Integrity – Always doing what is considered honorable and morally right.
- Stewardship – Responsibly guiding and protecting our youth, staff, and community.
- Perseverance – Testing our courage, even in defeat, without losing heart.
- Collaboration – Producing mutually rewarding results through teamwork.
- Professionalism – Promoting the pursuit of excellence.
- Dignity – Respecting the inherent value and worth of all.