Hello, my name is Randy Garrison, and I am your Yavapai County Supervisor for District 3. My wife Debbie and I were both born in Arizona and were fortunate to have been raised right here in the Verde Valley. We have been married 35 years, and have a beautiful daughter named Shelby.
Being a fifth generation son of Verde Valley pioneers, I grew up in a family that was very committed to our community and active in economic development and local politics. My grandfather served as Yavapai County Supervisor, my father served as Mayor and Council for the City of Cottonwood.
I have been serving the public as an elected official for more than 18 years, and bring to the table a history of working for our communities. My Great Grandparents gave me the lessons of commitment and sacrifice, my Grandparents instilled in me the value of investing in our communities, and my parents brought me up to respect hard work and the value of a dollar.
Serving as your County Supervisor is very humbling and presents exciting opportunities. I recognize the responsibility that this position brings and I look forward to not only advocating for the citizens of Yavapai County, but stand ready to be a strong voice for the Verde Valley.
Our County has made a lot of positive gains over the past few decades, and we have had some significant wins for the residents of the Verde Valley these past few years. I look forward to continuing to make our communities truly exciting and rewarding places to live, work, and raise our families.
I work hard to respect your voice, and with your support I believe that we can solve tomorrows problems together.
Graduate of Mingus Union High School
Graduate of Yavapai College, multiple degrees
Graduate of Northern Arizona University, College of Business
Successful Small Business Owner
30+ years of experience in Water, having earned 5 State Certificates
Current Boards and Committees:
- Chairman, Yavapai County Board of Supervisors, District 3
- Northern Arizona Council of Governments Regional Council
- Workforce Arizona Commission, Board Member
- Northern Arizona Health, Board Member
- Verde Valley Medical Center, Advisory Council Member
- Verde Valley Transportation, Board Member
- Clarkdale-Verde Kiwanis Executive Board and Foundation
Past Board and Committee Experience:
- City of Cottonwood, Council Member
- Mingus Union High School, Governing Board Member
- Cottonwood-Oak Creek School District, Governing Board Member
- Yavapai College Governing Board Advisory Committee
- Verde Valley Wine Consortium, Founder and Board Member
- Yavapai College Foundation Verde Valley chapter, Board Member
- Founder of the Yavapai College Southwest Wine center
- Cottonwood Economic Development Council, Board Member
- Cottonwood Public Safety Personnel Boards for both Fire and Police
- Cottonwood Judicial Review and Appointments Advisory Board
- Cottonwood Subdivision Ordinance Development Committee
- Yavapai County Viticulture Sector Strategy Committee
- Town of Clarkdale Water Advisory Committee
- Graduate of the Cottonwood and the Sedona Police Academies for citizens