What does the program do?
The Tuberculosis Control and Prevention program provides diagnosis, treatment and case management services for Yavapai County residents and visitors diagnosed with latent tuberculosis infection and active tuberculosis disease.
Why is it needed?
The program manages the needs of individuals who are at high risk for TB disease or latent infection, individuals who are contacts to active TB cases, individuals who are suspected of having active TB disease, and individuals whose cases are reported to the program from private providers and hospitals. By law, TB is a reportable disease and private providers and hospitals are required to report cases of TB to the Yavapai County health department.
Who is eligible?
Anyone residing in Yavapai County is eligible for services. We work closely with other counties if someone moves or has permanent residence in another location but is living in Yavapai County.
Is there a cost?
There is a charge for the following services:
- Health Clearance/TB Testing ($40)
- For employees
- For residents of group settings
- TB Evaluations
- For referrals from medical providers
- Those who have a history of positive TB tests
There is NO charge for the following:
- Sputum collection
- Chest X-Rays (we cover what your insurance does not)
- Treatment for TB infection
- Evaluation of suspects and cases
- Case management for active TB disease
- Directly Observed Therapy for cases
- Evaluation of contacts to known cases
- First line drugs for treatment of TB disease
Where are the services of this program available?
Appointments for TB screening can be made at any of our clinics in Prescott, Prescott Valley and Cottonwood.
for testing, reporting, or for more information.