What is the Hotel/Motel Inspection program?
Hotels, motels and large bed and breakfasts are inspected at least annually. Inspections are performed that include assuring that...
- Clean bedding is supplied after each guest.
- Floors, walls and ceilings are clean.
- Smoke detectors work properly.
- Hot and cold water is available.
- Soap and clean towels are in each room.
- Proper cleaning and disinfecting are practiced by the maintenance staff.
- Window screens are in place and in good working order.
Basic operation requirements for Hotel/Motels: Arizona Administrative Code Title 9, Chapter 8, Article 13
Why is it needed?
An annual routine inspection is required by the State of Arizona on hotel/motel establishments to ensure the safety of the public.
Who is required to obtain a license?
An establishment that provides sleeping quarters for overnight guests with 2 or more dwelling units.
Is there a cost?
Yes, see Fee Schedule.
What are the goals of the program?
To ensure the sanitation and safety of hotel & motel establishments.
What has the program achieved?
A safer and more enjoyable place to stay for guests visiting Yavapai County hotels/motels
Contact the Yavapai County Environmental Health Unit for more information.