Boards and Commissions

Nearly 100 citizens serve on 12 commissions and advisory boards formed to help meet the needs of the residents of the County. The Board of Supervisors appoints individuals for terms ranging from one to six years. Boards and Commissions for which the County Board of Supervisors appoint members include (click on link to display information):
Meetings Statement of Meeting Notices

  • Board of Adjustments and Appeals
  • Board of Health
  • Building Safety Unit Advisory and Appeals Board
  • Cooperative Extension Services
  • Correctional Officers Retirement Plan
  • Food Safety Industry Council
  • Industrial Development Authority of the County of Yavapai
  • Local Workforce Investment Board-Executive Committee
  • Merit System Commission
  • Planning and Zoning Commission
  • Public Safety Retirement System
  • Yavapai Combined Trust
  • Yavapai County Arizona Centennial Committee
  • Yavapai County Water Advisory Committee


County government depends upon the volunteer services of its citizens to help ensure that an active working partnership exists between government and the public. The existence of this partnership helps County government provide services in a more effective and efficient manner, and guarantees that the public is well-represented in the actions that are taken by County government.

The various County boards, commissions and committees offer an opportunity for citizens to become actively involved in County government and to play an important role in the direction of their government. Any citizen who is interested in serving on a board, commission or committee is encouraged to contact his or her Supervisor, or the staff contact listed on this page.

Our hats are off to the dedicated citizens who serve on the boards, commissions and committees listed above. Some of them have served for more than 20 years, and their involvement is critical to the health of Yavapai County government.

Yavapai County Board of Supervisors
For information regarding the Boards and Commissions, contact the Clerk of the Board.